Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Smallest Oceans Still Get Big, Big Waves...

Post title stolen from Pearl Jam's "Tremor Christ."

-------
I'm not one to often dwell on with life, wondering why things keep happening to me.

This is one of those times.

It's been a rough year. As of this writing, I've now lost three family members and a good friend. And it keeps feeling like when things start looking up, we keep getting kicked back down.

That said, it's time to soldier onward. I race for the memory of these people. I train for these people. And I will kick some serious tail.

Why? Because it is that "why" that comes out when I've got to grind out miles on the bike. Sometimes, riding or running angry is good for the soul. It's my therapy.

So, if you see me (I mean, come on, I am pretty fricking obvious out on the road), just give me a wave, or make sure I'm riding like hell.
----

Crashing the Boards will return next week with regular blog postings, including a review of the Orca Sonar wetsuit.

No comments: