What don't kill ya make ya more strong.
--Metallica, Broken, Beat, and Scarred.
As many of you are aware, I had a severe cycling accident on Sunday. I'll post more details as I care and can actually begin to process things, but so far the damage includes:
- Mild concussion
- Compression fracture of T5 and T6. Luckily, no burst and the fractures are in the anterior body, relatively far from the spinal cord canal.
- Possibly torn right rotator cuff
- Hematoma on the right hip
- Bruised sternum
- Road rash on my face and shoulder
- Numerous sprains and strains in my hands and ribs
I'm not dead. I'm not paralyzed. I am broken. But I will come back stronger.