Friday, August 8, 2014

Broken, Beat, and Scarred

You rise, you fall, you're down then you rise again
What don't kill ya make ya more strong.
--Metallica, Broken, Beat, and Scarred.

As many of you are aware, I had a severe cycling accident on Sunday. I'll post more details as I care and can actually begin to process things, but so far the damage includes:
  • Mild concussion
  • Whiplash
  • Compression fracture of T5 and T6. Luckily, no burst and the fractures are in the anterior body, relatively far from the spinal cord canal.
  • Possibly torn right rotator cuff
  • Hematoma on the right hip
  • Bruised sternum
  • Road rash on my face and shoulder
  • Numerous sprains and strains in my hands and ribs
For the most part, updates will be on Twitter (@rrheisler) or Facebook.

I'm not dead. I'm not paralyzed. I am broken. But I will come back stronger.

No comments: