Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I Swear I'll Never Give In, No I Refuse...

Just some tough sledding around the Crashing the Boards offices as of late...

With all of the stress that I'd accumulated over the past couple of weeks, factor in an increased training load and partnered with plenty of work as well...I've earned myself a lovely head cold. It was one of those inevitable moments; in the back of my head, I knew that I'd probably wind up either sick or overtrained just with everything that's been going on. So once this settled in, I decided to take today off from training. Just needed to back off, settle down, let the body heal up.

As much as I'd like to say that this meant that my mind did some healing too...well, you don't know me very well. I typically thrive on situations that require lots of juggling. I'm a logistics person, so having the entire day to kill has been...well, me just crawling inside my own head to attempt to deal with everything that's been going on.

And well, the cruelest blow of 'em all: there's two cracks in Kermit the Felt. One's in the non-driveside chainstay, the other in the driveside seatstay. Not a good place to be when you've got Rev3 Quassy in a couple of weeks. So the past few days have been novel attempts to figure out how to get finances in order for a new race whip. (The insurance that was allegedly going to cover this type of thing? Well, let's just say that the policy was about as valuable as the piece of paper that I printed it out on.)

One way or another, though...I'll find a way to make it work. It always seems to come together. Hence the title, from (yet another) Foo Fighters song...I will find a way.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

hang in there!! drink tea and hand it all over the universe.